Taken from: http://www.northampton.ac.uk/directories/people/anna-crouch
RGN. RMN. SCM. TCPC. ADM. Cert Ed (FE). Ed Couns Skills Cert. BA (Midwifery Studies). BA (Theology). ICTL (ILM standard 2). MA in Education (Open).
Previous and other appointments
· July-October 1977 - Staff Nurse (RMN) Chronically Disturbed Ward (Psychiatric Dept Basingstoke District Hospital)
· November 1977-August 1978 - EN (Gen) Emergency Operating Theatres (Redhill Gen Hospital)
· July-October 1980 - Staff Nurse (SRN) General Intensive Care (Sandwell District Gen Hospital)
· November 1981-August 1982 - Staff Nurse (SRN) - General Intensive Care (Leicester Royal Infirmary)
· February 1983-May 1984 - Staff Midwife (Mothers Hospital (now Homerton Hospital)
· May 1984-June 1988 - Staff Midwife Maternity Unit (Milton Keynes Hospital)
· July 1988-September 1989 - Midwifery Sister (Teaching Dept-(Maternity Unit. Kettering General Hospital)
· July 1990 - Completion of Cert Ed Course (Wolverhampton Polytechnic)
· July 1990-1994 - Midwife Teacher (Pre Reg Midwifery - Milton Keynes Hospital / NGH /KGH / Nene College)
· August 1994-1996 - Senior Lecture Midwifery / Nursing (Nene College /UCN)
· December 1996 (to date) - Senior Lecturer(School of Health by UCN - Now The University of Northampton)
A. Completed a few projects/small scale research during a Master of Arts in Education degree course with OU over 3yrs - completed in 1999. Awarded MA (Ed) Open. The areas researched included:
- An investigation into the difficulties encountered in critically analysing care by midwifery students
- Practitioner Action research into mentoring- developed a booklet for training / updating mentors for nurses-used by school of Health for a while
- The use of counselling skills as a mentoring strategy – a case study
- Assessment policies for nursing and midwifery course- the role of the external examiner
- A qualitative study of the key factors that contribute to effective provision of an on programme educational guidance and counselling-the perception of student nurses
C. Journal club leader (Nursing and Midwifery -February 2005-September 2005)- I encouraged working colleagues to engage in research activities including presentation and discussion of their research papers or other research papers as appropriate.
D. Evaluation of The Service User and Carer Involvement Strategy (completed 2006).
E. Educational research - 'EBL' enquiry based learning.
F. A reviewer for an international Journal known as Learning in Health and Social Care by Blackwell Publishing January 2005 -2006
G. A reviewer for an international nursing journal- Nursing Forum Since November 2006
H. Chaired + Co-edited for a nursing text book-also author/co-author of 4 chapters of same book (2003-2005)-entitled Vital notes for notes for nurses: health assessment. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. Oxford (Crouch & Meurier, 2005).
I. Conducted HE funded research on the ‘exploration of the needs & experiences of nursing and midwifery students with dyslexia and how best they could be supported in clinical practice (grounded theory approach after Glaser & Strauss) 2006-2008 (Crouch, 2008a, b & c)- Produced award winning (1st prize out of other posters from 27 different universities at Chester University) poster guidelines for mentors supporting nursing and midwifery students with dyslexia in clinical practice (Crouch,2009). Also awarded University Teaching Fellow title for same.
J. Conducted research 2009-2010 ‘Exploration of experiences of non-dyslexic and dyslexic nursing and midwifery students of the personal academic tutor support, the needs of the students, and how they could be met’ (Published-Crouch,2010)
K. Co-Editor of Enhancing the Learners Experience in HE (ELEHE) International research Open journal at TUoN since March 2012 –Published volume 4 in Nov 2012
L. Board member of Disability in professional practice and special interest group (DiPPSIG-National Net work of researchers on disability in health care professions) net-work meeting Birmingham University 31st May 2012 and 10th Sept 2012 at Worcester University and at TUoN on 12th April 2012
Allen S. Crouch A (2005) Cultural and Spiritual Health Assessment. In Crouch A Meurier C (2005,eds) Vital Notes on Health Assessment. Chapter 10. Blackwell Publishing. Oxford. ISBN No 1-4051- 1458-4
Allen S. Crouch A (2005) Cultural and Spiritual Health Assessment. In Crouch A Meurier C (2005-eds) Vital Notes on Health Assessment. Chapter 10. On line www.blackwellpublishing.com/1405114584
Crouch A (2005) Communication Skills needed for holistic health assessment. In Vital Notes For Nurses: Health Assessment. Chapter 5. Blackwell Publishing. Oxford. ISBN No 1-4051-1458-4
Crouch A (2005) New Health Assessment Book Makes Valuable Contribution to Care. In UCN (2005,eds) Keeping you updated. Update. Issue 4. September 05; page 4
Crouch A. (2008) Needs, Experiences and Support of Dyslexic Nursing and Midwifery Students. Health matters. Research and Knowledge Transfer Newsletter. The University Of Northampton.
Crouch A (2008a) Health Sciences and Practice mini Project. Executive summary. Needs and experiences of dyslexic students + support in clinical practice. May 2008
Crouch A. (2008b) Needs / experiences of dyslexic students + support in clinical practice. Nursing and Midwifery Students.
Crouch A (2008c) An exploration of the needs and experiences of nursing and midwifery dyslexic students in clinical practice and how best they could be supported. NET2008 Conference 2-4 Sept 2008. 19th Annual International Participative Conference. Education in Health care. Abstracts for theme papers, symposia and posters. Page 78. The University of Cambridge
Crouch A (2009) Anna Crouch and her winning poster at ‘Stepping Up 2009’ http://www.health.heacademy.ac.uk/img/hspimg/relatedevents/acrouch-poster2009. jpg/view?searchterm=poster%20Crouch Accessed 17.01.11
Crouch A (2009) Mini project follow up poster. Supporting students with dyslexia in clinical practice. Health Sciences and Practice NEWS. Higher Education Academy. Issue No 28 September 2009. Page 6
Crouch A (2009) Needs and experiences of nursing and midwifery dyslexic students in clinical practice and how best they could be supported. 4th International conference iPED 2009 Proceedings. ‘Researching beyond boundaries’ Academic communities without borders. 14-15 September 2009. Pages 17-18 ISBN 978-1-84600-0287 Coventry University Techno Centre, UK
Crouch A (2009) Poster: Supporting dyslexic students in clinical practice. http://www.health.heacademy.ac.uk/20101008/publications/externalpub/acrouchposter.pdf/view?searchterm=poster%20Crouch/
Crouch A (2010) Experience of non-dyslexic and dyslexic nursing and midwifery students: how best can their needs be met by Personal Academic Tutor support? Enhancing the Learner Experience in Higher Education, The University of Northampton, p 56-73: Volume 2 No 1 (2010), ISSN 2941-3122 http://journals.northampton.ac.uk/index.php/elehe accessed 10.03.11
Crouch A (2010). Anna Crouch In Fellowships. A celebration of the University of Teaching Fellowships: p7-8. The University of Northampton.
Crouch A Meurier C (2005,eds) Vital Notes For Nurses: Health Assessment. Blackwell Publishing. Oxford. ISBN No 1-4051-1458-4
Crouch A. Rumbold G. Thompson M. Turner W. (2005,eds) Factors that need to be considered during health assessment. In Crouch A Meurier C (2005,eds) Vital Notes For Nurses: Health Assessment. Chapter 4. Blackwell Publishing. Oxford. ISBN No 1-4051-1458-4
Meurier C Brown J & Crouch A (2005) Physical Assessment. In Crouch A Meurier C (2005-eds) Vital Notes For Nurses: Health Assessment. Chapter 6. Blackwell Publishing. Oxford. ISBN No 1- 4051-1458-4